Parkerville Children's Home Bush
The Parkerville Childrenâ€™s Home Bush Cemetery was part of the Parkerville Childrenâ€™s Home (originally The League of Charity Home for Waifs and Stray Babies). The Home was founded in 1903 by Anglican nuns.
There are approximately 30 children buried in the cemetery who died between 1903 and 1919, but the names of only 24 are known. They are listed on a plaque by the entrance gate. A bushfire destroyed the wooden crosses on each grave and these were replaced with the existing concrete crosses.
The cemetery is located 3kms west of the home. Park at the end of Wilson Road and then walk 200m north along the firebreak. The cemetery is on the left.
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index