Bowraville General Cemetery is a monumental cemetery comprising four denominational portions - Anglican, Catholic, Methodist and Presbyterian. Also in the cemetery grounds is a columbarium designated the McKay/Mackay Memorial Wall that exhibits over 70 plaques, most of which are either McKays/Mackays or relatives of this large Bowraville family.
Inscriptions found date from 1873 to the present day. The monuments are mostly in good condition and legible although lichen is a problem in some cases. The grounds are well maintained by Nambucca Shire Council.
Sandra Cockbain has contributed images of every visible inscription that she made in July 2010. Her pictures may be viewed from the list of inscriptions for this cemetery. That list was compiled with reference to the NSW and Queensland indices of births, deaths and marriages and to the Australian War Memorial online military rolls for additional information.
From Bowraville, head south on High Street for 1km, turn right into Carbin Street and left into South Arm Road and slight left into Gumbayngirr Road, from where it is 700m to the cemetery. Lat -30.658948 Long 152.846153
Bowraville Cemetery is administered by Nambucca Shire Council. For further information, contact Council at PO Box 177 Macksville NSW 2447; phone 02 6568 2555; email: email@example.com
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index