Herberton General Cemetery is divided into Anglican, Catholic, Methodist, Presbyterian, Aboriginal and Non-denominational portions. It contains inscriptions dating from 1884 to the present day. The monuments are generally in good condition for age but several of the older marble stones have fallen and broken. As yet there is no columbarium on the site.
Peter Patterson-Kane has contributed images of every visible inscription he made during visits to the cemetery in August and September 2007. He found the site well maintained by the Tablelands Regional Council. There is a parking area at the entrance and good internal roads but there are no facilities. A graphic illustration of the cemetery layout (see above) assists in the location of graves.
Peter's images may be downloaded from the list of inscriptions for this cemetery. That list was compiled from Peter's images and with reference to the Queensland BDM online search facility and to the Australian War Memorial military rolls for additional information.
Herberton Cemetery is 2.7km south west of the town. Head south on Perkins Street for 0.5km, turn right at Florence Street across the railway line, then first right into Morris (Cemetery) Road. Follow this for 1.2km, then turn left into Syme Road from where it is 0.4km to the cemetery entrance.
Herberton General Cemetery is administered by the Tablelands Regional Council. For further information, contact Council at PO Box 573 Atherton Qld 4883; phone: 1300 362 242; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index