Lismore North Cemetery was closed some years ago and converted to a memorial park. Salvageable headstones were re-erected as a group at the head of the sloping site. Basic details (name of deceased and year of death) of other known burials where the monuments were not recovered have been inscribed on a memorial at the entrance to the park. Those names have been researched and included in this list of inscriptions. Inscriptions recorded date from 1862 to 1948.
Sandra and Warren Cockbain visited the cemetery and photographed all visible inscriptions in March 2013. They found the site generally in good condition and well maintained by Lismore City Council. Their pictures may be downloaded from the list of inscriptions for this cemetery. The list was compiled with reference to the NSW indices of births, deaths and marriages and to the Australian War Memorial online military rolls for additional information.
Lismore North Cemetery is 3km north-west of town. From the Bruxner Highway at Lismore, turn north-east into Molesworth Street for 850m then left into Woodlark Street and at the roundabout continue on to Bridge Street for 300m then left into Terania Street, from where it is 1.3km to the cemetery. Lat -28.80104, Long153.262101
The cemetery is managed by Lismore City Council. For further information, contact Council at PO Box 23A, Lismore NSW 2480; phone 1300 87 83 87; email: email@example.com
1 May 2013
31 Mar 2013
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index