Alstonville Cemetery Road
Alstonville Cemetery is located on the south-eastern side of the township. It contains a monumental section, a large lawn cemetery and several columbaria. The cemetery appears to have come into general use around 1890, although there are several earlier inscriptions extant. The monuments are mostly upright and legible although many are stained. The site adjoins the Bruxner Highway and is surrounded by trees. The grounds are well maintained by Council.
Sandra and Warren Cockbain visited Alstonville and photographed all of the cemetery inscriptions in April 2012. The list of inscriptions for this cemetery was compiled by Sandra from their images and with reference to the NSW indices of births, deaths and marriages and to the Australian War Memorial online military rolls for additional information.
From Alstonville, head south east on the Bruxner Highway for 2.2 km and turn right into Alstonville Cemetery Road. The cemetery entrance is on the right.
Alstonville Cemetery is administered by Ballina Shire Council. For further information, contact Council at PO Box 450, Ballina NSW 2478; phone 02 6686 4444; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
19 Oct 2012
8 Apr 2012
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index