Culcairn Cemetery Road,
Culcairn General Cemetery is situated almost 2km to the north-west of town. It appears to have been established around the turn of the 20th century. Inscriptions extant date from 1902. A small columbarium bears inscriptions from 1991. The cemetery is maintained in good condition by Council and most of the monuments are upright and legible.
Lyn Hudson-Williamson has contributed digital images of all visible inscriptions that she and a friend, Heather Partridge, made during 2012 and compared with Council's cemetery records. Lyn's and Heather's pictures may be viewed from the list of inscriptions for this cemetery. The list was kindly compiled by Roma Waldron with reference to the NSW indices of births, deaths and marriages and to the Australian War Memorial online military rolls for additional information.
From Culcairn, head east on Balfour St/Olympic Hwy for 1.6km, turn left into Culcairn Cemetery Road for 1km. The cemetery is on the left hand side of the road. Lat -35.65571, Long 147.056655
Culcairn General Cemetery is administered by Greater Hume Shire Council. For further information, contact Council at PO Box 99, Holbrook; phone 02 6036 0100; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
30 Jun 2012
31 May 2012
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index