Stone Quarry Road,
Originally known as Seven Mile Creek Cemetery, this site was reserved for a cemetery in 1875, the first recorded burial being of Franz Jo Runge in 1879. This headstone is still standing. The cemetery is entirely monumental and so far does not provide a columbarium. The inscriptions are mostly in good condition for age and legible. The site is well fenced and signposted and the grounds maintained in excellent condition by Council.
Joe Sharman visited the cemetery in April 2012 and has contributed the digital images he made of all visible inscriptions at that time. His images were kindly listed by Roma Waldron. Joe's pictures may be downloaded from the list of inscriptions for this cemetery. That list was compiled with reference to the Queensland online search facility for births, deaths and marriages and to the Australian War Memorial online military rolls for additional information.
The cemetery is 8km east of Rosewood via the Ipswich Rosewood Road. Lat -27.649995, Long 152.657678
Stone Quarry Cemetery is controlled by Ipswich City Council. For more information, contact Council at PO Box 191 Ipswich QLD 4305; phone 07 3810 6666; email: email@example.com
19 Jun 2012
16 Apr 2012
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index