Bexhill Cemetery has served the Bexhill district since the latter part of the 19th century, the earliest inscription extant being dated 1880. It occupies an elevated and undulating site on the western side of the village. A number of the older stones have fallen and broken and some are part missing. Lichen also makes the deciphering of text on others difficult. A small columbarium has been added in recent years and displays plaques dating from 1951.
Sandra and Warren Cockbain visited the cemetery and photographed all visible inscriptions in April 2012. They found the site generally in good condition although in need of mowing at the time. Their pictures may be downloaded from the list of inscriptions for this cemetery. The list was compiled with reference to the NSW indices of births, deaths and marriages and to the Australian War Memorial online military rolls for additional information.
Bexhill Cemetery is 9.7km north-west of Lismore via Bangalow Road. Lat -28.762806, Long 153.344711
Bexhill Cemetery is administered by Lismore City Council. For further information, contact Council at PO Box 23A, Lismore NSW 2480; email: email@example.com
15 Jun 2012
7 Apr 2012
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index