Ryde Catholic Cemetery
St Charles' Borremeo Catholic
St Charles Catholic Cemetery at Ryde dates from the first church erected on this site in the 1850s. The earliest inscription extant is dated 1856. It was around this time that the Parish of Ryde was placed in the care of the French Marist Fathers and there is a number of them buried in the church cemetery.
Michael Brookhouse visited and photographed all visible monumental inscriptions in September 2011. He found the grounds in excellent condition. Most of the monuments are upright but the effluxion of time has rendered many of the inscriptions difficult to decipher. We apologise for any errors that may be found in the listing. Please advise of any corrections necessary.
Michael's images may be downloaded from the list of inscriptions for this cemetery. That list was compiled with reference to the NSW indices of births, deaths and marriages for additional information.
St Charles Borremeo Catholic Church and Cemetery is on the south-east corner of Victoria Road and Charles Street and 1km east of the Top Ryde shopping centre. Lat -33.818842, Long 151.113961
14 Apr 2012
12 Sep 2011
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index