McGraths Hill Cemetery dates from circa 1850, the earliest inscription extant being dated 1849 and the latest 2001 - the latter probably a memorial plaque only. It occupies a mostly unfenced block in what is now a residential area and does not even rate a signpost. The monuments are generally in good order commensurate with age, although several have dramatic leans and appear to be close to collapse. Several were illegible and unable to be identified. The grounds, when surveyed, were in need of mowing but the grounds were otherwise tidy.
Michael Brookhouse visited the site and made digital images of all visible inscriptions in October 2010. His pictures may be downloaded from the list of inscriptions for this cemetery. That list was compiled with reference to the NSW indices of births, deaths and marriages to assist in identification and for additional information.
From Windsor Road, McGraths Hill, turn east on to Pitt Town Road and take the first left into Charles Street. The cemetery is on the south-western corner of Charles and High Streets. Lat -33.614173, Long 150.835503
For further information, contact Hawkesbury City Council, PO Box 146, Windsor NSW 2776; phone 02 4560 4444; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2 Apr 2012
3 Oct 2011
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index