Glen Innes General Cemetery is a significant regional cemetery with inscriptions dating from c. 1860. It is divided into denominational portions that embrace Anglican, Baptist, Catholic, Methodist, Presbyterian, Salvation Army, Seventh Day Adventist as well as Non-denominational and General portions. A large lawn cemetery and columbaria are also on the site. The whole is maintained in excellent condition by Council.
Although there remain many unidentified graves, an effort has been made to mark known burials with brief information. In some cases, this is nothing more than a surname; in others initials and dates may be provided. All such markers have been included here.
Joe Sharman has contributed the digital images he made of every visible inscription in mid-2011. Joe's pictures may be viewed from the list of inscriptions for this cemetery. That list was compiled with reference to the NSW online indices of births, deaths and marriages and to the Australian War Memorial online military rolls for additional information.
We wish also to acknowledge with gratitude both Roma Waldron and Ray Cork who graciously assisted with the listing and research of the data.
From Glen Innes CBD, head east on the Gwydir Highway for 650m, turn left into Hunter Street for 1.2km, then right into Grafton Street for 350m to the cemetery entrance. Lat
-29.727002, Long 151.753123
Glen Innes General Cemetery is administered by Glen Innes Severn Council. For further information, contact Council at PO Box 61, Glen Innes NSW 2370; phone 02 6730 2300; email: email@example.com
26 Jan 2012
28 Jan 2012
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index