Cemetery 775 - Guyra

Update Cemetery See Inscriptions Add Inscription

Guyra

New England Highway,

Guyra

NSW

2365

-30.252106

151.678406

Guyra General Cemetery occupies a generous area 4km south of town and comprises denominational and general monumental portions, a lawn cemetery and columbarium. The earliest inscription extant is dated 1885 and the columbarium dates from 1971. Generally, the monuments are in good condition, upright and legible.

The cemetery is notable for the large almost vacant expanse in the centre of the site that initially separated the Catholic portion at the front from the Protestant portions at the rear. The whole area is maintained in excellent condition by Guyra Shire Council.

Joe Sharman visited the site and photographed every visible inscription during February 2011. Joe's pictures may be downloaded from the list of inscriptions for this cemetery. That list was compiled with reference to the NSW online indices of births, deaths an d marriage and to the Australian War Memorial online military rolls for additional information.

The cemetery is 4km south of Guyra township on the eastern side of the New England Highway. Lat -30.252106, Long 151.678413

Guyra Cemetery is administered by Guyra Shire Council. For further information, contact Council at PO Box 207 Guyra NSW 2365; phone 02 6770 7100; email: council@guyra.nsw.gov.au

www.guyra.nsw.gov.au/

17 Jul 2011

28 Feb 2011

1623

1613

1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1

Location of cemetery

Functions

Update this Cemetery

Add an Inscription to this Cemetery

See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery

Add a Cemetery

Contact Australian Cemeteries Index