Pearce Family Private
257 Seven Hills Road
The Pearce Family Cemetery stands on land originally granted to the pioneer of this area, Matthew Pearce, who arrived in the Colony of NSW as a free settler in 1794. It is enclosed by a timber post and rail fence and covers an area of about a quarter of an acre. Significant features of the cemetery are a large vault that displays inscriptions relating to the Pearce Family and a red granite obelisk displaying inscriptions relating to the Archdall family. Many of those on the vault are now in various stages of decay through erosion and flaking and are therefore difficult to read.
Michael Brookhouse has contributed digital images of every visible inscription that he made when he visited the site in February 2011. Michael's pictures may be viewed from the list of inscriptions for this cemetery. In compiling that list, reference was made to the NSW indices of births, deaths and marriages and to the Australian War Memorial online military rolls for additional information.
The cemetery is located on 257 Seven Hills Road 100m north-east of its intersection with Old Windsor Road and adjacent to the M7 Tollway.
3 May 2011
13 Feb 2011
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index