Comboyne General Cemetery occupies a narrow but deep site and is divided into portions comprising Anglican, Catholic, Presbyterian, Uniting and Other Denominations. Inscriptions extant date from 1906. A columbarium located near the cemetery entrance appears to have been erected in the 1980s. The monuments are generally in good order and, although lichen growth is a widespread problem, the inscriptions are mostly legible.
Stephen Billingham has contributed the images he made of all visible inscriptions during 2009 and 2010. He found the site well fenced and the grounds maintained by Council to a high standard. Stephen's pictures may be downloaded from the list of inscriptions for this cemetery. That list was compiled with reference to the NSW indices of births, deaths and marriages and to the Autralian War Memorial online military rolls for additional information.
From Comboyne, head south east on Comboyne Road for 5.6km then turn right into O'Sullivans Lane for 200m to the cemetery entrance. Lat -31.578347, Long 152.499672
Comboyne Cemetery is administered by Port Macquarie-Hastings Council. For further information, contact Council at PO Box 84 Port Macquarie NSW 2444; phone 02 6581 8111; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
25 Apr 2011
31 Dec 2010
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index