Monuments at the Nevertire Cemetery date from 1891, a year before the railway arrived in town and the single pub was a Cobb & Co coach stop. The cemetery has continued in constant use since then despite the emergence of the larger nearby town of Warren.
When transcribed, the cemetery was in tidy condition, although due to have the grass mown and for this reason we had to be alert for snakes. The site contains two widely separated, fenced portions that appear to be Protestant and Catholic cemeteries respectively. As is to be expected in a little rural cemetery, there are no signs, row markers or amenities. We found the monuments to be generally in better condition than those at the nearby Warren Cemetery, probably because of the protection afforded the stones by the more plentiful shade trees at Nevertire. It was pleasing to find no evidence of vandalism.
Reg and Jean McDonell made digital images and took notes of every visible inscription in the cemetery on 10 December 2003. In compiling this list, we also consulted the NSW index of births, deaths and marriages to help determine some hard-to-read names and dates and for additional information.
Ray Cork visited the cemetery in May 2022 and made digital images of inscriptions for all burials after the earlier visit. These have been transcribed and uploaded. In additional all earlier entries have been updated.
From the Mitchell Highway at Nevertire, take the Warren Road for about 1km when the cemetery will be seen on the slight rise to the right. The access laneway is signposted.
The cemetery is controlled and maintained by the Warren Shire Council. Contact Council at PO Box 6 Warren NSW 2824 (email firstname.lastname@example.org).
29 May 2022
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index