St Lawrence is a cattle grazing area between Rockhampton and Mackay. St Lawrence cemetery has served the small town for about 150 years, the earliest inscription extant being dated 1866. The monuments are in good order and the grounds are well maintained by Isaac Regional Council. A small columbarium has been added in recent years.
Peter and Karen Patterson-Kane visited the cemetery and photographed and listed all visible inscriptions in August 2010. Their images may be downloaded from the list of inscriptions for this cemetery. That list was compiled with reference to the Queensland indices of births, deaths and marriages for additional information.
From the Bruce Highway, head east on St Lawrence Connection Road for 6.5km. Cross the railway line and take the second right (Catherine Street) for 500m, left at Evans Street for 400m and right into Malcolm Street from where it is 300m to the cemetery on the right hand (western) side of the street. Lat -22.352206 Long 149.529203
St Lawrence Cemetery is administered by Isaac Regional Council. For further information, contact Council at PO Box 97, Moranbah QLD 4744; phone 13 0047 2227; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
10 Oct 2010
20 Aug 2010
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index