Bulli Cemetery is a substantial general cemetery that contains monumental portions for most denominations and independents as well as columbaria and gardens for the placement of ashes. The earliest inscription extant is dated 1869. Most of the monuments are in good condition and legible. The cemetery is now regarded as virtually full with further burials restricted by Council.
Situated on the narrow coastal plain, 70km south of Sydney, Bulli Cemetery overlooks the Tasman Sea. The grounds are maintained in excellent condition by Wollongong City Council. Internal roads are sealed and amenities are provided on the site. A plan of the cemetery layout is exhibited on the crib room and toilet block.
The cemetery was photographed in its entirety by Des Cafe during May and June 2010. His images may be viewed from the list of inscriptions for this cemetery. That list was compiled with reference to the NSW indices of births, deaths and marriages and to the Australian War Memorial online military rolls for additional information.
From the Princes Highway at Bulli, head east on Park Road across the railway line for 200m, right into Franklin Avenue for 500m and left at the roundabout into Farrell Road. Take the second on the right into Carrington Street, from where it is 100m to the cemetery entrance. Lat -34.340563 Long 150.920443
Click <a href="/data/bullimap.pdf" target="_blank">here</a> for a map of the cemetery.
Bulli General Cemetery is administered by the Wollongong City Council. For further information, contact Council at Locked Bag 8821, Wollongong NSW 2500; phone 02 4227 7111; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
4 Sep 2010
6 Sep 2010
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index