The General section of Rookwood Necropolis. The first burials took place in 1867, cremations date from 1925.
Rookwood was served by a rail spur from the main line from 1867 until 1948. Mortuary stations served each of the three sections of the necropolis, with a fourth at the main junction and a fifth on Regent Street adjacent to Sydney Central Station. In 1951 Cemetery Station No. 1 at the head of the rail spur was sold and moved stone by stone to Canberra in 1957 to become the All Saints Church, Ainslie.
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index