Cemetery 599 - Marshall Mount Methodist

Update Cemetery See Inscriptions Add Inscription

Marshall Mount Methodist

Calderwood Road,

Marshall Mount

NSW

2530

-34.556999

150.748825

Marshall Mount Cemetery dates from around 1880 when a Methodist Church was erected on this site. The earliest inscription found is dated 1881. The church building has long gone but the cemetery is still in use. A columbarium has been added that appears to have come into use about 1950. The monuments are generally in good order and the grounds are maintained in excellent condition. Marshall Mount remains a rural area at this stage but is slated for residential development in the near future.

Wayne Hill has contributed digital images he made of all inscriptions in November 2002. His pictures may be viewed from the list of inscriptions for this cemetery. That list was compiled from his images and notes and with reference to the NSW indices of births, deaths and marriages and to the Australian War Memorial online military rolls for additional information.

From the Princes Highway at Albion Park, drive north on Calderwood Road for 2.8km to the cemetery, which is on the left hand side of the road. Long -34.556999 Lat 150.748830

26 May 2010

3 Nov 2002

307

292

1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1

Location of cemetery

Functions

Update this Cemetery

Add an Inscription to this Cemetery

See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery

Add a Cemetery

Contact Australian Cemeteries Index