This Cemetery was established in 1837 and closed in 1930, apart for a few people who had previously bought plots and were buried after the 1930 closure. Unfortunately, neither formal records of burials were kept (before 1916) nor was a plan of the cemetery made. When we visited the cemetery in June 2016 only 189 headstones were found, as well as approximately 50 wooden crosses most of which had no plaques to identify whose grave it was. Many of other graves have also completely disappeared. In recent years the cemetery has suffered from considerable damage from vandals who have knocked over many of the headstones fracturing them into pieces. Many thanks to the Busselton Family History Society whose list was used to cross check our reseach. Due to the lack of record keeping it is unlikely that a complete list of burials exists.
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index