Cemetery 529 - Mount Carmel Catholic

Update Cemetery See Inscriptions Add Inscription

Mount Carmel Catholic

Our Lady of Mount Carmel

Triangle Flat Road

Triangle Flat

NSW

2795

-33.758920

149.470700

Our Lady of Mount Carmel Cemetery is located on land donated to the Catholic Church by John Edward Burns and his family. The site originally housed Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church, built by local families and blessed and opened on 13 March 1927 by the Rt Rev John Norton, Bishop of Lunda and coadjutor Bishop of Bathurst. The church building, pictured above on opening day, has now been removed. The small cemetery displays inscriptions that date from 1929 to 1996. The headstones are in good order and mostly very legible.

Carmel Green visited the site and made digital images of all visible inscriptions in November 2009. She has also been able to add details of three unmarked graves. Information has been compiled from Carmel's images and personal research and with reference to the NSW indices of births, deaths and marriages and to the Australian War Memorial online military roll for World War 2.

Triangle Flat is a locality approximately 50km south of Bathurst NSW. From Bathurst, take the Rockley Road to Rockley and then turn west onto the Triangle Flat (Rockley Trunkey) Road for 13km. The cemetery is located off the southern side of Triangle Flat Road about 0.25km beyond Schumachers Road.

16 Dec 2009

30 Nov 2009

36

31

1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1

Location of cemetery

Functions

Update this Cemetery

Add an Inscription to this Cemetery

See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery

Add a Cemetery

Contact Australian Cemeteries Index