Menangle St West,
Picton Anglican Cemetery is located in the grounds of St Mark's Church, the foundation stone of which was laid in 1850. Inscriptions in its cemetery date from 1858. There are several fallen and broken stones but, generally, the monuments are upright and the inscriptions legible. The cemetery is maintained in good condition and at the time of listing had been recently mowed. There are no row or grave numbers visible.
The digital images have been contributed by Ray Cork who surveyed and photographed the cemetery during June 2009. His images may be downloaded from the list of inscriptions for this cemetery. Ray compiled that list from his images and with reference to the NSW indices of births, deaths and marriages and the Australian War Memorial Nominal Rolls for WW1 and WW2.
Menangle St West St is on the western side of Argyle St, the main street in Picton shopping centre. The Church and cemetery are located just to the west of and behind the shops.
For further information contact St Marks Anglican Church, PO Box 447 Picton, NSW, 2571.
11 Nov 2009
30 Jun 2009
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index