The neat little Beerwah Cemetery appears to have been established less than 100 years ago with the earliest inscription found dated 1924. The date 1936 at the entrance possibly denotes when the gates were erected. The cemetery comprises two monumental sections and a columbariam at the end of the central drive. A shelter with seating and a rainwater tank are provided and the grounds are maintained in good order by the Sunshine Coast Regional Council.
Paul Fitzgerald visited Beerwah Cemetery during September 2009 and made digital images of every visible inscription. He also prepared the list of inscriptions from his images and with reference to the Queensland BDM indices and the AWM online military rolls for additional information.
Beerwah Cemetery is 4k from town. Cross the railway line and turn right into Glass House Mountains Road. Take the first left (east) into Roys Road from where it is 2.3km to the cemetery on the right hand side of the road.
Beerwah Cemetery is administered by Sunshine Coast Regional Council. For further information, contact Council at Locked Bag 72, Sunshine Coast Mail Centre QLD 4560; phone: 07 5475 7272; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
31 Oct 2009
7 Sep 2009
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index