Camden Catholic Cemetery occupies an elevated position on the western side of Cawdor Rd, 400m north of the intersection of Burragorang Rd. There is no signage naming the cemetery.
The site is maintained in good condition and, at the time of listing, had been recently mown. There are no row or plot numbers or facilities provided. The inscriptions are generally in good condition and legible although a number of older stones have fallen and broken. Inscriptions extant date from 1845. A sign at the rear of the cemetery indicates that a number of adjacent graves and headstones were relocated to this site prior to the flooding of Burragorang Valley by Warragamba Dam.
The digital images were taken by Ray Cork during June 2009. Ray compiled the inscription list with reference to the NSW BDM online search facility and the Australian War Memorial Nominal Rolls for WW1 and WW2 for additional information.
From the Camden head south on Cawdor Road for 1.6km. The cemetery is on the western (right hand) side of the road.
28 Sep 2009
30 Jun 2009
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index