Cemetery 4984 - Grant

Update Cemetery See Inscriptions Add Inscription

Grant

Grant Rd

Grant

VIC

3862

-37.353180

147.162440

The town of Grant was originally known as Skye or Mount Pleasant. In 1865 the area was surveyed and renamed Grant. The population of the area was about 1200 people and it continued to grow to about 2000 people.
The cemetery at Grant was gazetted as Wongungarra in 1880 in the County of Dargo. The size of the cemetery is 2 acres. The Trustees of the cemetery were Henry Harrison, William Copeland, William Henry Morgan, George Beverigge and Frank Walsh. When William Copeland died, John Chrisman was gazetted as a Trustee as a replacement. There are 2 headstones still standing and 31 grave sites are still marked out. The cemetery is maintained by the Overlanders 4x4 Club in conjunction with Parks Victoria. A wooden sign, which is erected just before the gate identifies the Cemetery.

11

5

1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1

Location of cemetery

Functions

Update this Cemetery

Add an Inscription to this Cemetery

See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery

Add a Cemetery

Contact Australian Cemeteries Index