Cemetery 446 - Crossroads

Update Cemetery See Inscriptions Add Inscription

Crossroads

Off Rosewood Road,

Wauchope

NSW

2446

-31.470016

152.686203

Wauchope Crossroads Cemetery occupies a small site surrounded by farmland. According to information posted at the cemetery, this ground was given for a cemetery by Alexander Bain in 1863. It is believed that the first burial took place one year prior to that, in 1862. Inscriptions extant date from 1868 and the cemetery is still in use with recent burials noted. At the time of listing it was recently mowed and in good order with no sign of vandalism. There are no facilities provided. There are no portion or row markers.

The digital images were taken by Ray Cork during February 2009. His images may be downloaded from the list of inscriptions for this cemetery. Ray also compiled the inscription list with reference to the NSW BDM online search facility and the Australian War Memorial Nominal Rolls for both WW1 and WW2 for additional information.

Wauchope Crossroads Cemetery is about 6km west of Wauchope township. From the town centre take the Oxley Highway west for approx 5.6km and turn right into Rosewood Rd. The cemetery access is on the right approximately 0.3km from the Oxley Highway intersection. The cemetery is about 200m from Rosewood Rd with access via a rough dirt track.

Wauchope Crossroads Cemetery is administered by the Port Macquarie-Hastings Council. For further information, contact Council at PO Box 84, Port Macquarie NSW 2444; phone 02 6581 8111; email: council@pmhc.nsw.gov.au

www.hastings.nsw.gov.au/

31 Dec 2009

1 Mar 2009

241

239

1
1
1
1
1
1

Location of cemetery

Functions

Update this Cemetery

Add an Inscription to this Cemetery

See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery

Add a Cemetery

Contact Australian Cemeteries Index