Cnr Bent & Tyson Streets,
South Grafton Cemetery, now closed, is divided into Anglican, Baptist, Catholic, Jewish, Methodist and Presbyterian portions, none of which are marked. It contains inscriptions dating from as early as 1852. There are numerous sandstone monuments, many now fallen and difficult to read. This unfenced site has unfortunately suffered greatly at the hands of vandals over the years.
Sandra Cockbain visited the cemetery and made a digital image of every visible inscription in January 2009. She found the grounds in good order with grass cut and grave surrounds trimmed by the application of herbicide. Sandra's images may be downloaded from the list of inscriptions for this cemetery. That list has been compiled from her images and with reference to the NSW BDM indices and to the Australian War Memorial online military rolls for additional information.
From the Gwydir Highway roundabout at South Grafton, take the southern exit into Bent Street, from where it is 1.3km to the cemetery.
South Grafton Cemetery is administered by the Clarence Valley Council. For further information, contact Council at 2 Prince Street (Locked Bag 23), Grafton NSW 2460; phone 02 6643 0200; email: email@example.com
14 Aug 2018
31 Jan 2009
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index