This long closed Anglican cemetery once stood beside what is now the Golden Highway until a road deviation caused it to be enclosed by the property known as "Toorigal". Ruth King visited and photographed the site in August 2008. She found inscriptions dating from 1900 to 1924. The grounds were in good order, being maintained in the public interest by the Lions Club of Merriwa.
Ruth's images may be downloaded from the list of inscriptions for this cemetery. That list was compiled from her images and with reference to the NSW indices of births, deaths and marriages for additional information.
The Merriwa Historic Anglican Cemetery is located on a private property ("Toorigal") approx 1.2 km west of the Merriwa CBD.
24 Oct 2008
10 Aug 2008
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index