Cemetery 3730 - St Paul's Lutheran

Update Cemetery See Inscriptions Add Inscription

St Paul's Lutheran

Pilgrim Lutheran

375 Sandleton Road

Sandleton

SA

5356

-34.433952

139.372369

The cemetery is at the back of what used to be St Paul's Lutheran Church in the locality of Sandleton.

The congregation was formed in 1880, church built in 1881, closed in 1955 and congregation continued to worship until 1969.

The first burial was in 1885 (where there were 4 in during that year) and the last in 1969.

This site was visited in late December 2015, using a Canon Powershot camera.

The Mid Murray Council website records 28 burials however 17 were observed. There are a few unmarked graves and some with markers that with no obvious text.

The site does not appear to have any regular maintenance, however the graves don't have any serious overgrowth except for some small shrubs and weeds. No vandalism observed. There are a number of wombat and other holes littered around the site, so advise caution walking around in low light.

Travel along Halfway House Road (between Sedan and the Sturt Highway). Travel south approximately 5km from the Sturt Highway turnoff or 18km north from Sedan. Turn onto Diagonal Road and veer to the right "Dry Weather Road". Travel along Sandleton Road for 4km to find the church.

Mid Murray Council. PO Box 28, Mannum SA 5238; email: postbox@mid-murray.sa.gov.au

www.mid-murray.sa.gov.au

16

16

1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1

Location of cemetery

Functions

Update this Cemetery

Add an Inscription to this Cemetery

See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery

Add a Cemetery

Contact Australian Cemeteries Index