Jackson is a small country town set off the Warrego Highway. The tiny cemetery was visited by John Arthur in June 2007. He made digital images of all visible inscriptions and found memorials dated from 1910 to 2003. The list of inscriptions was compiled with reference to the images and to the Queensland BDM online facility for additional information.
The cemetery is well maintained with no signs of vandalism.
Jackson Post Office opened by July 1908 (a receiving office had been open from 1887) and closed in 1988. At the 2006 census, Jackson had a population of 171.
Jackson is a village on the Warrego Highway between Miles and Roma, 394km west of Brisbane. Turn onto Jackson Wondoan Road and travel for 100m then left onto Railway Street, travel another 100m. Turn left onto Edward Street for 50m and then right onto Pei Road. After 500m veer left and cemetery is 100m further on the right.
Until 15 March 2008, the Jackson Cemetery was administered by the Bendemere Shire Council, one of several shires amalgamated to form the Roma Regional Council from the above date. Now administered by Maranoa Regional Coucil: Post: PO Box 42 Mitchell QLD 4465, Ph: 1300 007 662, Fax: 4624 6990, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
14 Jun 2008
30 Jun 2007
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index