Quirindi General Cemetery occupies a a substantial, well maintained site on the eastern side of town. It contains inscriptions dating from 1870. The monuments range from sandstone through marble to granite and are generally in good order and erect. We didn't see any evidence of vandalism, although several of the older stones have fallen and broken.
When we visited the cemetery in September 2007, the grounds were in good order with the grass recently mown and we experienced no problems with rabbit holes or broken glass containers. However, there are no amenities provided on site and portion signs and row markers are noticeably lacking.
Every visible inscription was digitally recorded; the images may be downloaded from the list of inscriptions for this cemetery. That list has been compiled from the images, from notes taken in the field and with reference to the NSW BDM indices and military records for additional information.
From Quirindi's main street (George Street), turn east at the roundabout and follow Henry and Dewhurst Streets towards Wallabadah for 1.5km; turn right into Russell Street, from where it is 0.4km to the cemetery entrance.
Quirindi General Cemetery is administered by the Liverpool Plains Shire Council. For further Information, contact Council at 60 Station Street, Quirindi NSW 2343; telephone: 02 67461755; email: email@example.com
2 May 2008
26 Sep 2007
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index