Camberwell Anglican Church
Glennies Creek Road,
The Camberwell Cemetery is located within the grounds of the beautifully restored old Anglican Church of St Clement. It contains inscriptions dating from as early as 1860 up to the present day. A more recent addition is a small columbarium that exhibits plaques dating from 1969.
Ruth King visited the cemetery in January 2008 and made digital images of every visible inscription. She found several fallen stones but, generally, the monuments were in good order and the grounds well maintained. Some of the old stones are fine examples of the high degree of skill possessed by stone masons of the 19th century.
Ruth's images may be downloaded from the list of inscriptions for this cemetery. That list has been compiled with reference to the NSW indices of births, deaths and marriages and to military rolls for additional information.
Camberwell is a small town in an open-cut coal mining area about 14km west of Singleton. The Anglican Church and Cemetery are located just off the New England Highway west of the village.
11 Apr 2008
31 Jan 2008
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index