The Gap Uniting Church
The Gap Uniting Church came into being on the 22nd of June 1977 with the nation-wide union of the Congregational, Methodist, and Presbyterian churches. Its history in The Gap, however, goes back more than a century.
The Gap was first settled by Europeans in 1850, when the area was still the Moreton Bay Colony. Primitive Methodists began holding services in houses in Payne Road in 1870. Two years later Mr. Moses Adsett, a local resident, donated two acres of land for the purpose of establishing a church and local cemetery. Moses Adsett was the first person to be buried in the church cemetery.
The cemetery was established in 1873 and is positioned in the heart of The Gap, the centrally located and historic cemetery has served a congregation and local community members for decades.
1 Oct 2018
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index