Cemetery 2899 - Nudgee Cemetery & Crematorium

Update Cemetery See Inscriptions Add Inscription

Nudgee Cemetery & Crematorium

Nudgee Catholic

493 St Vincents Rd

Nudgee

QLD

4014

-27.368780

153.089380

Nudgee Cemetery is owned by the Corporation of the Trustees of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Brisbane and is part of the considerable estates owned by the Catholic Church in the area. It is the only major private cemetery in Brisbane, but despite its ownership, it is open to the deceased of all denominations. The land where Nudgee Cemetery is situated was purchased in 1863. The first person to be buried in the cemetery was Bernard McHugh who was interred in 1867.

The cemetery is divided into distinct sections. It has an area for the church religious orders: for example the Sisters of Mercy and the Christian Brothers, among others, have defined areas. Another large section is that set aside for above ground burials which are popular with some European cultures.

In July 2014 the new crematorium was completed. The crematorium offers a variety of memorial options to compliment those already offered by the Cemetery. Appropriately, the first cremation at the new Crematorium was for Christian Brother, Br Graeme Frawley on the 25 July. Br Frawley has been interred in the columbarium wall in the Christian Brothers section of the cemetery.

Located in the inner northern suburbs of Brisbane about 20 minutes from the City of Brisbane, Nudgee Cemetery is easily accessed either from the Gateway Arterial Road, (passing a Shell Service Station) along Nudgee Rd, leading to Childs Rd or by Sandgate Rd, Toombul Rd & St Vincent's Roads.

Phone: 07 3324 3499 Email: cemetery@bne.catholic.net.au

3 Jul 2020

79

49

1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1

Location of cemetery

Functions

Update this Cemetery

Add an Inscription to this Cemetery

See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery

Add a Cemetery

Contact Australian Cemeteries Index