The New Ingham Cemetery was opened in 1949 and the first recorded burial was 26 January 1949. The Ingham Cemetery tells you a story of the deep diversity of culture and heritage found throughout the Hinchinbrook Shire. This Cemetery is home to a wide array of mausoleums, predominantly in the Catholic Division. Older mausoleums were constructed using traditional materials - white stucco and marble, and feature Gothic-style windows and doors. Those built in more recent times are commonly flat-roofed with parapet surrounds and are finished with terrazzo and tiles. The first mausoleum was constructed for the Mammino family in 1952. The largest mausoleum in the cemetery was built for the Prestipino family in 1955, covers eight burial plots, and features a portico.
Photos taken 7 May 2018
The New Ingham Cemetery is located 5kms from the Township of Ingham at Cemetery Road, Ingham Queensland 4850.
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index