Ross Crossing Road
Eidsvold Old cemetery is monumental only and now closed to new interments. Some graves and headstones are showing signs of wear. There is a list of people who have been buried here, who no longer have headstones. This list is situated at the entrance to the cemetery. This was researched by Jim Stewart and the plaque erected in Oct 1996. Eidsvold was originally settled in 1848 by Thomas and Charles Archer, who originated from Eidsvoll, Norway. They established two large stations, Eidsvold and Coonambula.
In the 1880s, Eidsvold was a bustling gold mining town supporting a population of over 2000.
Very well maintained.
Eidsvold is 403 km North West of Brisbane, Queensland. From Eidsvold take the Burnett Highway, towards Cracow, for 3 km. Just past the sawmill, turn left onto Ross Crossing road. Cemetery is on the left.
North Burnett Regional Council. 47 Edward St, Biggenden QLD 4621. PO Box 390 Gayndah QLD 4625. Phone: 1300 696 272. Email: email@example.com
29 Oct 2016
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index