Cemetery 2643 - Daisy Hill Anglican Church

Update Cemetery See Inscriptions Add Inscription

Daisy Hill Anglican Church

St Marks

Winnetts Rd

Daisy Hill

QLD

4127

-27.643960

153.148990

The Winnetts Road property on which St Mark's Anglican church is sited was donated in 1880 by the Gommersall family for use as a community burial ground. Mrs and Mrs Gommersall were the first to be buried in the cemetery and their graves are dated 1883.
Surrounding the church, the cemetery contains the graves of several of the original parish council members who were instrumental in the planning and construction of old St Mark's. The 1901 parish council included Thomas White, Thomas Usher, Robert Gommersall, Frederick Armstrong and William Winnett. The Winnett family graves are located in close proximity to the rear of the church. There are also other well known local families and settlers in the cemetery such as the Ushers, Murrays, Morrows and Shailers. (From Wikipedia)

24 Apr 2021

160

160

1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1

Location of cemetery

Functions

Update this Cemetery

Add an Inscription to this Cemetery

See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery

Add a Cemetery

Contact Australian Cemeteries Index