Clermont is an agricultural town, on the junction of the Gregory Highway and Peak Downs Highway, in Queensland. It was established in 1864 and is one of the oldest inland settlements.The town itself was shifted to higher ground after the 1916 floods, in which 65 people were killed. The Lions Club of Clermont erected a memorial in 1991, on the site of the mass grave for the victims of the 1916 flood. The cemetery was established in 1866 and the earliest registered death is of a 2yo child in 1867. The cemetery consists of monumental, lawn and columbarium. The earliest inscription is 1868.
Very well maintained by Isaac Council. A very neat and tidy cemetery. Some of the older headstones are showing signs of weathering.
Turning off the Gregory Highway into Clermont, travel for approximately 2 Klms towards town. Cemetery Road will be on the left hand side [sign posted]. Travel another 1 Klm and cemetery will be on left hand side.
Isaac Regional Council, PO Box 97, Moranbah QLD 4744; phone 07 4983 4700 (Clermont Office); email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index