Cemetery 255 - Tuncurry

Update Cemetery See Inscriptions Add Inscription

Tuncurry

Manning Street,

Tuncurry

NSW

2428

-32.164970

152.495621

Tuncurry General Cemetery, originally known as the North Forster Cemetery, was photographed and listed by Paul Fitzgerald during August 2007 and updated in April 2012. It embraces a monumental section, divided into denominational portions, as well as a large lawn section that includes columbaria, a babies' memorial, a butterfly memorial and several gardens for the interment of ashes.

Paul notes that the cemetery is well maintained by the Council staff, who use bore water on the lawns. He says that the biggest problem would be the duck family that lives there, along with their droppings. The site has no amenities block, but it is close to town.

The cemetery, dedicated in 1893, contains graves in the monumental section dating from 1883. The lawn cemetery at the rear of the site appears to have commenced around 1975.

In compiling the list of inscriptions, we referred to the NSW indexes of births, deaths and marriages and to military records for further information. Paul's images may be viewed and downloaded from the list of inscriptions for this cemetery.

Tuncurry Cemetery is located on the eastern side of Manning Street on the northern side of the town.

Tuncurry Cemetery is administered by the Great Lakes Council. Contact Council at PO Box 450 Forster NSW 2428; phone: 02 6591 7222; email: council@greatlakes.nsw.gov.au

www.greatlakes.nsw.gov.au/

Paul Fitzgerald

21 Jun 2019

30 Apr 2012

3455

3449

1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1

Location of cemetery

Functions

Update this Cemetery

Add an Inscription to this Cemetery

See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery

Add a Cemetery

Contact Australian Cemeteries Index