Apple Tree Creek
Established in 1887 Apple Tree Creek Cemetery is the original cemetery of the Isis Shire. The township of Apple Tree Creek was once know as Webb's Mile. The government surveyed the area for a township on the northern side of Ilett's Road, and it was then named Bodalla. Bodalla was intended to be the major town in the Isis area, but due to the steepness of the site the town lost that distinction. The name Bodalla was eventually replace with Apple Tree Creek due to the native trees to the town which bore blossoms similar to apple blossoms.
The cemetery is eight hectares with 2.8 hectares cleared for buriall. Set on a gentle sloping hill on the eastern side of Apple Tree Creek the cemetery includes a beautiful arrangement of natural and polished stoned monuments. Adhering to the burial tradition of the times the cemetery was segregated into religious denominations.
Bundaberg Regional Council
91 Takalvan Street
Bundaberg QLD 4670
PO Box 3130, Bundaberg
Tel: 07 4130 4477
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index