Cemetery 2047 - Rugby

Update Cemetery See Inscriptions Add Inscription

Rugby

Rugby Rd

Rugby

NSW

2583

-34.397900

149.009910

Rugby was founded in the 1830's as Mewburn and changed it's name to Rugby later in the 1800's. It was a stopping point for the gold seekers heading to the Lambing Flat goldfields in Young. There are a few heritage listed buildings still to be seen in the village; St Aidan's Anglican Church, the old Police station, the Memorial Hall and showground. Rugby is the most eastern village in The Hilltops Region, an easy half an hour from Boorowa on the western granite slopes of the Great Dividing Range, where the Five Mile Creek runs parallel to the Main Street of the sleepy little Village of which has a population of around 50 people. The cemetery has no signpost.

178

178

1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1

Location of cemetery

Functions

Update this Cemetery

Add an Inscription to this Cemetery

See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery

Add a Cemetery

Contact Australian Cemeteries Index