Punchbowl Anglican Church
Originally known as Belmore Cemetery but is now within the boundaries of Punchbowl.
Indexed in 1989 by Joyce Ormsby.
Available at Bankstown Library, History section, R929.3 Orm.
The first recorded burial was for Catherine Elizabeth Pearson (age 36 years) on 19th February, 1878. There are many early pioneers of Canterbury City among the 1175 recorded burials.
Plots can no longer be purchased in the cemetery, however, people with existing rights can arrange for relatives to be interred by contacting the Reverand of St. Saviour’s Anglican Church, Punchbowl.
St Barnabas’ Anglican Church in Highclere Avenue, Punchbowl, New South Wales was sold in the late 1990s and the remains of those interred in the cemetery (total of 274) were reinterred in St. Saviour’s Church of England Cemetery Punchbowl, New South Wales.
St Saviour’s Church of England Cemetery is located behind St. Saviour’s Church of England Church, 1353 Canterbury Road, Punchbowl. There is a double gate at the Viola Street entrance to the cemetery and from Canterbury Road there is open access through the Church grounds.
The cemetery occupies 2.750 square metres out of the total Church site of 5.090 square metres.
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index