Cemetery 198 - Nangus

Update Cemetery See Inscriptions Add Inscription

Nangus

Nangus Road,

Nangus

NSW

2722

-35.051510

147.901337

Nangus General Cemetery is a small cemetery divided into denominational portions but they are not marked. It appears to have come into use around 1880 with the earliest inscription extant being 1884. The grounds are maintained in good condition by the Gundagai Shire Council and there is no evidence of vandalism. There are no facilities.

The inscriptions were originally listed by Roma Waldron in 1991. In March 2010, Peter Arthur visited the cemetery and made digital images of all visible inscriptions. It seems that 13 of the markers found by Roma in 1991 have now disappeared. Peter's images may be viewed from the list of inscriptions for this cemetery. That list was compiled with reference to the NSW indices of births, deaths and marriages and to the Australian War Memorial online military rolls for additional information.

Nangus is a village 22km west of Gundagai on the road to Junee. The cemetery is on the northern side of the road opposite the Anglican Church. Lat -35.053151 Long 147.902906

Nangus General Cemetery is administered and maintained by the Gundagai Shire Council. For further information, contact Council at 255 Sheridan Street (PO Box 34), Gundagai NSW 2722; phone: 02 6944 0200; email: mail@gundagai.nsw.gov.au

21 Apr 2010

31 Mar 2010

320

303

1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1

Location of cemetery

Functions

Update this Cemetery

Add an Inscription to this Cemetery

See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery

Add a Cemetery

Contact Australian Cemeteries Index