off Carcoar St
The area was first discovered by explorer, George Evans in 1815. The earliest mention of the name was in the gazette of Australian Colonies in 1848. The public school was established in 1858, however, it was not until 1888 that Neville was named. Prior to this, Neville was known as Mount Macquarie. In 1866, the Presbyterian Church was built, with the Methodist (now the Uniting Church) and Anglican churches following in 1878. In 1870 a post office was built and later transformed into the Village Store. By 1897, The School of Arts, Catholic Church and a telephone exchange was built. With a population of about 220, generations of locals call Neville ‘home’.
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index