Set in an isolated bushland site, it is a peaceful location for quite reflections.
The oldest existing headstone is dated 1911.
Older sections are set aside in General, Anglican Catholic and Uniting rows. All new burials are lawn burials, and are set out in the New General Rows on the Eastern side of the Cemetery.
There are Many unmarked graves of patients from the Morisset Hospital buried throughout the Eastern side of the cemetery. A Granite Memorial wall has been installed to memorise former Hospital Patients.
This cemetery is maintained by council and is in a very good condition.
Graves and headstones are very well maintained.
Through Morisset township towards Dora Creek. Turn left at Bridge St, then turning Right at Terrigal St. All the way to the end, turn left into Ettalong St and round to the right to the cemetery entrance.
Lake Macquarie City Council
2 Dec 2014
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index