Luddenham Anglican Church
The Northern Rd
John Blaxland, elder brother of the more famous Gregory, received a grant of 6710 acres on 30 November 1813, which he named Luddenham. The property, which was situated between South Creek and the Nepean River, was named after the family property in Kent, England.
The building is an excellent example of a rural church of the mid-nineteenth century retaining a form and detailing which provides insight into this type of building of the era, and its rural setting and cemetery atop a rise on The Northern Road. The building continues in use as an Anglican Church and is one of a number of structures in Luddenham village erected over the nineteenth century and early part of the twentieth century that demonstrate the pattern of a village settlement at this important location on The Northern Road. This building is one of a contiguous group of three church related buildings. The cemetery is an important element within the Luddenham locality, illustrating the development of the village over the nineteenth century and early part of the twentieth century.
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index