Cemetery 170 - Jerrys Plains Old Catholic

Update Cemetery See Inscriptions Add Inscription

Jerrys Plains Old Catholic

Pagan Street,

Jerrys Plains

NSW

2330

-32.508213

150.923996

Located near Redmanvale Creek, Jerrys Plains, this is the first Catholic Cemetery that operated in the district. It contains burials from 1858 to 1940. In 1994, a memorial was erected to display the names of all persons known to have been buried on the site. The earliest actual headstone inscription remaining is that for Cathrine Howard, daughter of Thomas and Margaret, who died on 2 June 1863 at the age of three years. There are many unmarked graves.

The images were taken by Robert Tozer in January 2000 and the list compiled by Roma Waldron in September 2006. In compiling the list, reference was made to the NSW indexes of births, deaths and marriages for clarification of some names and dates and for further information. The digital images may be viewed and downloaded from the list of inscriptions for this cemetery.

Jerrys Plains is a village on the Hunter River about 39km from Singleton on the Denman Road. When entering the town from the east, the old Catholic cemetery is on the southern side of the road on the banks of Redmanvale Creek, and the old Anglican cemetery a little further on.

The Singleton Shire Council now has responsibility for the cemetery. Contact Council at Queen Street (PO Box 314), Singleton NSW 2330; phone:02 6578 7290; email: ssc@singleton.nsw.gov.au

www.singleton.nsw.gov.au/

24 Oct 2006

19 Jan 2000

63

63

1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1

Location of cemetery

Functions

Update this Cemetery

Add an Inscription to this Cemetery

See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery

Add a Cemetery

Contact Australian Cemeteries Index