Ingleburn RSL Memorial Park
The original Ingleburn Memorial was located in Memorial Avenue Ingleburn and dated back to 1930 when the Council handed over the area to the R.S.L. Sub-Branch.
The construction of an Obelisk was undertaken and the bricks used were acquired from the demolished Church Of England building which stood on the corner of Cumberland and Minto Roads. A brick fence and a wrought iron gate was erected and it was officially opened by Major General Sir Charles Rosenthal on the 25th October 1931.
Anzac Day Services were held at the Memorial until late 1970 when the overhead road bridge was completed and the level crossing at Ingleburn station was closed. At the completion of the new R.S.L. Club located at 20 Chester Road a small memorial was erected which was used until an Obelisk and new Memorial Walls erected. The new Obelisk was constructed from the original Obelisk bricks at Memorial Avenue.
In the mid 1980’s the new memorial was opened, and since then there have been additions to the Park such as a pond with a central fountain and benches flanking the pond for people to sit and meditate.
There are two saplings, which have been planted inside the Memorial Park, which were propagated from the original Lone Pine at Gallipoli.
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index