Jerrys Plains Old Anglican
It is believed that the first burials took place at the Jerry's Plains Anglican Cemetery about 1840. The earliest inscription extant is that for Thomas Alcorn who died in 1842. The last burial at this site was that of Mary Ann Alcorn in 1925.
The stones are now much weathered and most of the inscriptions difficult to read. In preparing the accompanying list, we have referred to the NSW index of births, deaths and marriages in an endeavour to more fully identify the persons whose details were inscribed here so many years ago.
The images of the inscriptions have been supplied by Robert Tozer and the list compiled by Roma Waldron. Images may be viewed and downloaded from the list of inscriptions for this cemetery.
Jerrys Plains is a village on the Hunter River about 39km from Singleton on the Denman Road. When entering the town from the east, the old Catholic cemetery is on the southern side of the road on the banks of Redmanvale Creek, and the old Anglican cemetery a little further on.
The Singleton Shire Council now has responsibility for the cemetery. Contact Council at Queen Street (PO Box 314), Singleton NSW 2330; phone:02 6578 7290; email: email@example.com
15 Sep 2006
17 Jan 2000
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index