Ginninderra Anglican Church
Moynihan St & Copland Dr
The small cemetery was associated with the rural Anglican church established in 1861 on a glebe within Ginninderra Station donated by owner by Charles Campbell. By 1904 the church was closed and in ruin with the decline of commercial power of the area and the rise of nearby Hall. The cemetery, containing about 18 burials, was in severe decay and subsequently the memorials and the church were all obliterated by further decay, animal grazing, vandalism and development.
With the creation of the Federal Capital Territory the land was resumed and reserved for residential development. The site was mostly built over for the suburb of Evatt in the 1970s. A small urban open space remains with heritage signage and a memorial to the known burials. The burials remain in place.
Heritage (Decision about Registration for St Paul's Burial Ground, Evatt). Notice 2011
Claoue-Long, Anne Rural graves in the ACT – a historical context (Oct 2006)
Hall School Museum and Heritage Centre
The urban open space containing part of the cemetery is bounded by Copland Drive, Moynihan Street and Sharwood Crescent at Evatt, ACT. Part of the cemetery now lies under Copland Drive.
10 Nov 2020
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index